Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Cheap wine that doesn't suck


I have two picks. Unfortunately I haven't found many under $10 that don't have that cloying vanillian flavor I detest (or some other major flaw). These two made the cut.

1.Contadino Pinot Grigio, 2007. We picked this up at Trader Joe's for $5. It isn't bad, very mellow with a papaya(or was it mango)afterglow. Would be ideal for a hot day.
2. Toasted Head Chardonnay, 2007. If you have a Costco membership it is only $8.50. Other places it is more $11. The ubiquitous choice, this wine is easy to procure and it is easy to see why. It is a creamy tropical wine with a toasted finish. A really great value for the complexity of flavors.

Hopefully I will find some more that don't break my wallet. Any suggestions are appreciated.

No comments: